Chanukah Paint Session
Sunday, December 6th, 4:00 p.m.
Join Cailin Acosta in painting a memorable and unique menorah on either a canvas or watercolor paper. Make memories that will last a lifetime as you paint with your whole family. When done, you will have created a special piece of art to display every year.
- Canvas (8×10 is perfect), watercolor paper works too.
- Paints in various shades of blue and white.
- Brushes or sponge to create a textured look, if desired.
- Paint pens or small detail brush to draw the menorah.
- Gems, glitter, stickers, or whatever creative ideas come to mind.
Click here if supplies are needed (pickup and delivery available for TIS members only).
This session is perfect for any age and artistic ability! Creativity is highly encouraged!
Click here to join the session. Meeting ID: 857 2855 8079
Jewish Federation of San Diego County’s Women’s Philanthropy for Brunch Club presents a virtual program featuring Dr. Edith Eger, Holocaust Survivor and author of The Gift: 12 Lessons to Save Your Life
Thursday, December 10th, 11:00 a.m.
Click here to register for this free event.
A native of Hungary, Edith Eger was just a teenager in 1944 when she experienced one of the worst evils humans has ever known. As a Jew living in Nazi-occupied Eastern Europe, she and her family were sent to Auschwitz, but Edith’s bravery kept her and her sister alive.
Dr. Eger is a prolific author and a member of several professional associations. She has a clinical practice in La Jolla, California and holds a faculty appointment at the University of California, San Diego. She has appeared on numerous television programs including CNN and the Oprah Winfrey Show; and was the primary subject of a Holocaust documentary that appeared on Dutch National Television. She is frequently invited to speaking engagements throughout the United States and abroad.
Chanukah Trivia Challenge
Monday, December 14th, 7:00 p.m.
Join Sisterhood and Men’s Club for a fun evening together as we celebrate the Festival of Lights and test our trivia knowledge. Prizes will be awarded. Show us your Chanukiot and wear your silliest Chanukah sweater.
All are invited!
Join the celebration! Meeting ID: 893 5783 3087
Winter Dot Painting with Cailin
Sunday, December 20th, 4:00 p.m.
Join Cailin Acosta as she teaches you how to Dot Paint. Super easy and fun! Supplies: Sign or candle holder, paint* in Chanukah colors (acrylic paints recommended), and Q-tips.
Available pieces are: Let it Snow, Snowflake, Snowman signs, and Snowman candle holders. You are welcome to have a few if you like.
This session is perfect for kids, grandkids and parents who need a break! Email us if you need a sign/candle holder, paint, or both. Cailin will contact-less deliver, or leave out for pick-up.*
Join the session: Meeting ID: 864 1011 6992
Winter Zentangle with Cailin
Sunday, December 27th, 4:00 p.m.
Join Cailin Acosta in creating a Winter Zentangle design. No artistic ability is needed! If you can draw lines and circles, then you are already an expert!
Supplies needed before class:
- White paper, cardstock or watercolor paper preferred, but any white paper is fine (Cailin is happy to drop off some sheets if needed*).
- Pencil with eraser
- Black Sharpie or a fine tip; a ball point pen will work too. If you received a Micron pen, you can use that.
Click here if supplies are needed.
Drop off and pick up of supplies is for Sisterhood members only.
When finished, you will have created your own design that you can leave black and white, or you can add colors to make you own coloring page. You will not want to miss this Zen-tastic experience!
Click here to join the session. Meeting ID: 822 1692 1300
It’s Happy Hour!
Thursdays in December, 4:00 p.m.
Join us Thursdays in December as we schmooze, enjoy drinks/snacks, and talk about all things positive!
Mark your calendars for December 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st.
Let’s have some fun this month!
- December 3: This week include: National Cookie Day. Let’s share our favorite cookie recipes!
- December10: This week includes National Bartender Day. What’s your favorite drink?
- December 17: This week includes Chanukah! Let’s share our favorite family Chanukah traditions.
- December 24: Let’s talk about our family traditions for dinner on December 24. Do you go out for Chinese? This year, will you be ordering Chinese takeout?
- December 31: It’s New Year’s Eve! Let’s toast to the end of 2020, and raise our glasses a second time to ring in a new year that will hopefully bring us back to a more normal time.
Join the party! Meeting ID: 883 0117 9761 (Zoom link/ID are the same every week)
Saturday, February 6th, 2021
Regardless if we can meet at the synagogue, or are continuing virtually, Sisterhood Shabbat will still happen in 2021! The goal for this event is for it to be led completely by our amazing female members. Hebrew can be daunting, so that is why the call for readers is being sent out so early. You will have plenty of time to practice or ask for assistance.
The follow parts are available:
- 1st – Exodus 19:1-6 (11 lines)
- 2nd – Exodus 19:7-9 (6)
- 3rd – Exodus 19:10-13 (8)
- 4th – Exodus 19:14-19 (10)
- 5th – Exodus 19:20-20:14 (35)
- 6th – Exodus 20:15-18 (7)
- 7th – Exodus 20:19-23 (9)
- Maftir – Exodus 20:21-23 (6)
- (Haftarah portion to follow…)
Some of the Hebrew prayers include: Shacharit, Torah Service, Musaf, Aleinu, Ashrei,
Prayer for the State of Israel, Ein Keloheinu, and Adon Olam
Email us to request to lead a reading or prayer (first come, first served!) or to get help learning a passage in Hebrew!
Our hope is to make it more of a Shabbaton, where we have an afternoon study session, an optional walk, and culminate with Havdalah and maybe a Seuda Shlishi (third meal) depending on Covid. Brainstorming ideas and other suggestions are welcome.
Explore Jewish India with Namastay at Home Series with Rahel Musleah
Sunday, February 21st, 2021, 4:30 p.m.
RSVP Required by February 1, 2021. Click here to RSVP.The Zoom link will be emailed 2 weeks prior to event.
Sisterhoods sponsoring event:
- Beth Shalom / Columbia, MD
- Congregation B’nai Israel / Gainsville FL
- Congregation Har Shalom / Potomac, MD
- Congregation Or Shalom / Berwyn, PA
- Greenburgh Hebrew Center / Dobbs Ferry, NY
- Manetto Hill Jewish Center / Plainview, NY
- Tifereth Israel Synagogue / San Diego, CA
For now, enjoy these popular Indian recipes.
Chair Yoga with Jackie Gadd
We are pausing Chair Yoga for November and December and will re-visit starting back in January.
Circle of Friends Meet-Up (In Person)
Due to Government Restrictions, the Circle of Friends is on hold until further notice.
We know this is new to so many of us. Need help with ZOOM or Facebook Live? Click here.