Helping Families who are Homeless
Sisterhood will be participating in the Interfaith Shelter Network (ISN) Rotational Program again this year. The program provides short term housing in churches and synagogues for individuals and families who are homeless. This year we are volunteering to provide dinner (date and location below).
We have the opportunity to prepare a meal, meet the families, and sit down together for dinner and conversation. It is a wonderful experience, and is very much appreciated by the participants, as well as the church members. We will need about 5 volunteers.
When and Where:
- Thursday, February 27th, College Avenue Baptist Church, 4747 College Avenue, San Diego, CA 92115
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer and/or for additional information.
Paper Quilling with Cailin
Wednesday, March 25th, 7:00 p.m.
Come and learn the ancient art of quilling and create a handmade card or embellish a sign. All supplies (and desserts) will be provided at no charge! Although this is a free event, RSVPs are required to ensure we have adequate supplies. Email us or call 619 697-6001.
You will not want to miss this relaxing and enjoyable experience!
Gourmet Shabbat Dinner Club: March’s Dinner Theme is Greek
Friday, March 27th, 7:30 p.m.
Share the joy of Shabbat and delicious gourmet food in the homes of your Sisterhood family
All TIS members are invited to participate: singles, families, and couples. The host will provide the main course and beverages; each participant will be assigned to bring one or two items (appetizers, side dish, vegetable, salad or dessert). Each item must be vegetarian, vegan, or fish.
RSVP by emailing email@example.com by March 21st and include the following information:
- How many in your party, and their names
- Will children attend? If so, what are their ages?
- Would you like to host on March 27? If so, how many can you accommodate? (Approximately 8-10 per home)
- Would you prefer to be a guest at this time?
- List any dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, allergies, etc.
There is no charge for Gourmet Shabbat Dinners! This is all for fun and bonding with your TIS family.
Save the Date
- April 29 – Yom Ha’atzmaut with Men’s Club
- June 12 – Gourmet Shabbat Dinner Club (Mexican)
- June 14 – Sisterhood Installation
More programs and dates to follow