Friday, October 15th, 6:15 p.m.
Join us as we welcome back our Shir Chadash Band for this evening’s Kabbalat Shabbat Service.
About Shir Chadash:
Shir Chadash Shabbat, featuring Tifereth Israel Synagogue’s Shir Chadash Band, enhances our Kabbalat Shabbat service with music and ruach (spirit). Shir Chadash, which means “a new song,” complements Kabbalat Shabbat services and brings a feeling of joy to all!
This unique Shabbat service is enlivened with the combination of instrumental music, old and new. Accompanying the Friday night service with traditional, rock, and world music melodies, Shir Chadash enhances our service bringing more joy to our Shabbat experience.
Join us in person or on Zoom
- Attendees must have submitted or show proof of vaccination and masks are required.
- Tifereth Israel continues to compile a confidential list of those who have provided proof of vaccination. To be included on the list, please send a confidential email with proof of vaccination to Kandice, at email@example.com.
- You may also bring proof of vaccination with you to services.
- Social distancing and extra hygiene precautions are still highly encouraged.
Please note, there is always a risk associated with attending any in-person service or event.
Mark Your Calendars!
- November 26th, 2021
- December 17th, 2021
- January 14th, 2022
- February 18th, 2022
- March 18th, 2022
- April 8th, 2022
- May 13th, 2022
- June 17th, 2022
Praise for Shir Chadash!
- “Three generations sat side-by-side in the sanctuary last Friday night and enjoyed a wonderful, warm Kabbalat Shabbat service, in large part due to the musical group Shir Chadash! Please bring them back again and again. It makes us want to come to services!!!”
– Lisa A. Berman-Hernandez
- “Shir Chadash was very inspirational with lovely melody chanting, beautiful music blended together by the guitars, clarinet, piano, and added drum beat. The children were dancing in the aisles and their parents were clapping to the beat of the songs. It was a unique addition to the service.”
– Bill and Barbara Sperling
- “We very much enjoyed the Shir Chadash Shabbat. The band was terrific. It’s great to see the “hidden” talents of our members…. And for two “senior” adults who get a little lazy about coming to Friday evening services, it sparked a desire to get back in the “swing” of attending Shabbat services. Looking forward to the 3rd Fridays of the month to again enjoy services.”
– Rory and Mel Goldberg
- “As a regular participant in Friday evening services, I was curious how the new Shir Chadash service would seem. Would it be as meaningful as the regular service, would the usual “warm and community” feeling be lost? Would it drag on forever? How good could the musicians and singers be? After attending, my simple response was that I was “blown away” by the sound, feeling, and inclusion the program provided. The spiritual joy and celebration of the shabbat made me think I was back in Israel at a neighborhood shul where everyone participated and truly rejoiced. I can’t wait for the next month’s service… Just don’t have it on November 19th since I will be out of town. Great job… and many kudos to the entire band and vocalists. They look like they were having as much fun as we in the congregation were…”
– Stuart Karasik