Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Interfaith Service
Monday, January 20th, 8:45 a.m.
Tifereth Israel Synagogue, along with our Sisterhood and Men’s Club, are sponsors of this important community effort. We are excited to work side-by-side, with people from diverse religious and cultural groups, in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. Families are encouraged to participate in this hands-on community service day. Make it a day on, not a day off!
Participants under 18 years of age:
A mandatory waiver is needed if you are under 18 and can be signed on site. Click here for the waiver. Youth under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Where to Meet:
Everyone will gather in Balboa Park at the Marston House, 3525 Seventh Avenue, corner of Seventh and Upas. Parking is available on Upas Street off Sixth Avenue.
• 8:45 a.m. – Registration (same day on-site only)
• 9:15 a.m. – Opening Ceremony
• 9:30 a.m. – Clean-up/beautification of Marston House grounds
• 11:30 a.m. – Music, lunch, and more
WHAT TO BRING
• Work gloves
• Pruning tools (if possible). Tools will also be provided
• Your signed waiver form (obtain here… or at registration)
• If desired, your picnic lunch can be left in your car close to the picnic area.
• Any additional picnic food or beverages you may want. Complimentary hot dogs and chips provided.
• Blanket or chairs for the picnic
WHAT TO WEAR
• Long-sleeved shirt
• Long pants
• Closed toe work shoes
Visit fumcsd.org/MLKDay for more details.