On Friday, January 27th, TIS experienced a flood after a vendor’s truck jumped the curb in our cul-de-sac (back by Silverman Preschool) and severed our rear fire hydrant from its mooring. This caused substantial flooding inside of our building and impacted three downstairs classrooms. The main office, and all the Director’s/Rabbi’s offices, were particularly hard hit. In addition, damage took place in our Cohen Social Hall and the Ohel Aharon Sanctuary.
With all that being said no one was hurt. Our community – Minyanaires, preschool parents, and our TIS staff all jumped in offering whatever was needed to help. Everyone went above and beyond. That is community. That is family. That is TIS.
We will continue to update you via email and each email will be accessible on this page along with photos.
We currently have one phone available for incoming and outgoing calls. Calls will be answered as someone is available. Calls may only be transferred to specific extension voicemails.
Until further notice, Yahrzeit notifications will be sent via email and not via USPS.
Click the links below to read messages.
Feel free to check back often.
- Flood - January 27th from Jerry Hermes, Executive Director
- Flood Update - January 28th from Rabbi Matt
- Flood Update - January 31st from Lisa Berman-Hernandez, President & Jerry Hermes, Executive Director
- Shabbat Message - February 3rd - from Rabbi Matt & Cantor Hanan
- Flood Update - March 1st from Jerry Hermes, Executive Director
- Flood Message Jerry Hermes, My Shofar March Edition