Current COVID Protocols
TIS Medical Committee Recommendations, approved by our TIS Board of Directors
Updated as of September 27, 2021
The following are our most up-to-date protocols. Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks after 2nd Pfizer or Moderna or single Johnson and Johnson vaccine. Please note, there is always a risk associated with attending any in-person service, meeting, or event.
- Shabbat services: Any person who is eligible to be vaccinated must show proof of vaccination to attend. Children unable to be vaccinated because of age or those with a medical condition may attend. This guideline is only in effect for regular Shabbat services. When an event involving large numbers of congregants is scheduled then attendance is limited to vaccinated only.
- Everyone in attendance must wear a mask.
- Social distancing is required. Hand sanitizer near the bimah.
- Masks required on the bimah.
- No kissing and touching the Torah.
- Torah readers and honors: to follow bimah guidelines.
- All participants must be fully vaccinated and either on our compiled list or have proof.
- Social distancing must be in place at all meetings indoors with suggested at least 3 feet recommended.
- Everyone must be masked
- All those who are eligible to be vaccinated are eligible to attend small indoor meetings (Children under 12 and those with medical conditions are excluded from vaccine requirement)
- Outdoor events at the synagogue require all individuals to wear masks when not eating/drinking and require adequate social distancing between family pods.
If you have not already done so, please send in your proof of vaccination as soon as possible. If you are not vaccinated, we strongly urge you to get vaccinated to protect yourself and your community.
As always, our goal is to protect our members and friends. Please, if you haven’t already done so, get vaccinated. Pikuach nefesh, the preservation of human health and safety, is of greater importance than any other Jewish law.
Rabbi Josh Dorsch
Debbie Mishek, President
Jamie Nadel, Executive Director