Come and enjoy an opportunity to gather with our TIS family! We’ll gather in the TIS parking lot. We’ll share Havdalah, Chanukah candle lighting and music. For those joining us in-person, Chanukah treats will be distributed.
Our gratitude to Annette Feigenbaum and Norman Kort for hosting our treats for this event in loving memory of their departed loved ones: their parents Lucien (z”l 6 Kislev) and Shirley (z”l 14 Elul) Feigenbaum and Rebecca (z”l 7 Tammuz) and Joseph Zalmon (z”l 18 Av) Kort and brother Maurice Jacob Kort (z”l 6 Cheshvan).
Can’t join us in-person? Click here to join us on Zoom! Passcode: 012071
You’ll need to bring (or have on-hand):
- 1 Chanukah menorah (or more) along with candles – 4 candles per menorah (no tapers, Shabbat candles, or oil)
- Matches or lighter
- A small table for your menorah or plan to set it on the ground
All in-person participants must:
- Sign up in advance
- Remain in front of their own vehicle
- Keep children with their own family
- Wear a mask
Let’s not forget others!
While we’re celebrating, we can’t forget others who are in need of our support or gratitude. Kindly place the items in your trunk and we’ll have volunteers gather them during the event. Please bring any or all of the following:
- Non-perishable items (Supporting Take What You Need and the JFS Food Pantry)
- Donations for our annual Community Heroes project thanking Fire Fighters, Police Officers, and Hospital Emergency Room Workers
- New blankets, socks, mittens/gloves, warm hats for distribution through various programs
For those who prefer, make a donation to support our efforts and we’ll do the shopping.
If you’re shopping but can’t join us in-person, please email Beth or call her at 619 697-6001, ext 108 and leave a message. We’ll arrange a time for you to drop off items at TIS.
More details about our Tikun Olam projects may be found by clicking here.