Judy Gumbiner, Development VP
Traditions Gift Shop
Even though Traditions Gift Shop is closed, you can still shop for all your Judaica needs. Click here to start shopping at our new website.
Count Your Blessings
The challenges of 2020 have been extraordinary for many of us. Despite it all, we still have many reasons to count our blessings. We have taken to calling it silver linings. Studies have shown that experiencing gratitude is good for the heart. It may help you sleep better and gives you a better sense of well-being.
Tifereth Israel Sisterhood’s ‘Count Your Blessings’ fundraiser is an opportunity to show your gratitude and help our Sisterhood and synagogue with much needed funds.
Please take a moment to look through the following blessings and pick the ones that speak to you. Each blessing has a suggested donation of $5, but any amount would be greatly appreciated.
The funds raised will help Sisterhood continue the work we do for our synagogue and our schools. It will also allow Sisterhood to continue to offer educational programs, social action projects, and to foster Jewish values.
Sisterhood thanks you for your kindness and your participation in this touching fundraiser. May your heart and home continue to be filled with blessings beyond measure.
- I count my gains instead of my losses.
- I count my joys instead of my woes.
- I count my health instead of my wealth.
- I count my smiles, not tears, and count my age by friends, not years.
- Each day comes bearing its own gifts – I love to untie the ribbons.
- I strive to be happy. Unlike income, happiness is tax free.
- Life is a journey so I have learned to wear comfortable shoes.
- My outlook is “the best is yet to come!”
- I am glad that some of my clothes are still fashionable or still fit!
- I am grateful for the people I love.
- I found a wrinkle and I am proud. It just adds character.
- I get such nachas (pleasure) from children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren!
- Sisterhood and our Synagogue has helped me stay connected during the pandemic.
- I have been to Israel, and can’t wait to go again.
- I am blessed to live in the USA and grateful for those who sacrifice for it.
- I live in San Diego – what a beautiful life I lead in a glorious city.
- I have celebrated simchas (joyous occasions) in my life.
- I am lucky to have friends to share my life with.
- I am grateful for the help that I am giving or getting during the pandemic.
- I choose to look for the ‘Silver Linings.’
- I have connected with family or friends from far away while staying at home.
Suggested totals of gratitude: $25, $50, $100, $250, $1,000, or an amount you choose. Please Count Your Blessings and click here to make your donation to Tifereth Israel Sisterhood to give thanks for all you have.
Raise your glass to a healthy 2021!
Charlotte Freifeld, Count Your Blessings Chairperson
Help Support Sisterhood by Purchasing Through J Commerce!
We are thrilled to announce our partnership with J Commerce! By doing all your Judaica, gift and wine shopping with them, you can help us earn the funds needed to continue to support the synagogue.
There are three places to shop:
Sisterhood will earn between 5 and 30% commission. On any of the sites, scroll down to “Gives Back Program” and type in “Tifereth Israel Sisterhood”, then click “Shop and Support.” Our code, if you need it, is 4667093.
Kosherwine.com offers free shipping for a case (12 bottles). Why not split a case with friends? Cases can be mixed. Go online and take a look!
To join their mailing list and have promotions sent to your inbox, enter your email address in the “Get Exclusive Offers” area at the bottom of their webpage.
There are many upcoming promotions and amazing discounts you will not want to miss out on!
Click here to “like” their Facebook Page for exclusive offers!
Gift Card Sales
Planning a summer vacation? Shopping at Home Depot for spring projects? Buying groceries or anything else on Amazon? Whether you shop online, by phone, in person, use pick up or delivery, please help Sisterhood support our synagogue and its programs.
Order your gift cards today by using the new APP, ordering online, or emailing Sisterhood.
Click here to learn more about the “RaiseRight Fundraising” APP. Download it from The App Store or Google Play Store. Our Organization code is D43E476B18L85.
PLASTIC cards: Don’t worry… we still have some in stock! For the current inventory of plastic cards, check the weekly Sisterhood E-newsletter. Click here to order your PLASTIC gift cards today. Use the comment section to enter special requests or delivery instructions.
Click here for any questions.
Tikkun Olam Club
Help Us Repair the Community
The purpose of the Tikkun Olam Club is to bring together adults within our community who share an interest in “repairing the world.” Throughout the year, Sisterhood participates in projects that seek to remedy and address various needs within the community. Hunger is a priority need. Through the Tikkun Olam Club program, we hope to build interfaith participation in addressing vital community needs.
Tikkun Olam Club members receive a package of benefits including:
- Invitations to participate in community events and Sisterhood social action projects.
- A Passport Unlimited Dining Card dining card during your membership year, good for 2 for 2:1 entrees at hundreds of fine dining establishments throughout San Diego, in many U.S. cities and in Canada. Enjoy dining, shopping and traveling with your new card.
- Other special benefits that may be available during the year.
A Tikkun Olam membership alone does not carry the rights and privileges that come with a traditional Sisterhood membership, unless it is purchased along with or in addition to a regular membership package.
For more information about the Tikkun Olam Club, email us at email@example.com.
Sisterhood tributes are a great way to show appreciation for a friend or loved one and support Sisterhood at the same time. Remember to send Sisterhood tributes for all of your simchas or memorials.
For the nominal minimum donation of $8, we will be happy to send your tribute card for you. Place your tribute online or download our Sisterhood Tributes Form. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
We are temporarily out of stock and are uncertain when we will be receiving more. Check back here for updated information, or email Sisterhood if you have questions regarding candy sales.