Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Interfaith Service
Monday, January 21st, 8:45 a.m.
Join people of different faiths and cultural backgrounds for a wonderful morning of community service, fun and fellowship. We will be celebrating our 11th Anniversary by cleaning up Balboa Park. Families are encouraged to participate in this intergenerational hands-on community service day. Registration begins at 8:45 a.m. with the Opening Ceremony at 9:15 a.m.
Tifereth Israel Synagogue, along with our Sisterhood and Men’s Club, are sponsors of this important community effort. We are excited about the chance to work side-by-side, with people from diverse religious and cultural groups, in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. Make it a day on, not a day off!
Participants under 18 years of age:
A mandatory waiver is needed if you are under 18 and can be signed on site. Click here for the waiver.
Youth participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
• 8:45 a.m. – Registration (same day on-site only)
• 9:15 a.m. – Opening Ceremony
• 9:30 a.m. – Clean-up in Palm Canyon and old Desert Garden
• 11:30 a.m. – Music, lunch, and more
WHAT TO BRING
• Work gloves
• Pruning tools (if possible). Tools will also be provided
• Your signed waiver form (obtain here… or at registration)
• If desired, your picnic lunch can be left in your car close to the picnic area.
• Any additional picnic food or beverages you may want. Complimentary hot dogs and chips provided.
• Blanket or chairs for the picnic
WHAT TO WEAR
• Long-sleeved shirt
• Long pants
• Closed toe work shoes
Visit fumcsd.org/MLKDay for more details.