Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Interfaith Service
Monday, January 15th, 8:15 a.m.
Join people of different faiths and cultural backgrounds for a wonderful morning of community service, fun and fellowship. We will be celebrating our 10th Anniversary by cleaning up Balboa Park. Families are encouraged to participate in this intergenerational hands-on community service day. Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. with the Opening Ceremony at 9:15 a.m.
Tifereth Israel Synagogue, along with our Sisterhood and Men’s Club, are sponsors of this important community effort. We are excited about the chance to work side-by-side, with people from diverse religious and cultural groups, in celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. Make it a day on, not a day off!
In case of rain, call 619-297-4366, ext 500 for cancellation and re-scheduling information.
Participants under 18 years of age:
A mandatory waiver is needed if you are under 18 and can be signed on site. Click here for the waiver.
Youth participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
WHAT TO BRING
• Work gloves
• Pruning tools (if possible). Tools will also be provided
• Your signed waiver form (obtain here… or at registration)
• If desired, your picnic lunch can be left in your car close to the picnic area.
• Any additional picnic food or beverages you may want. Complimentary hot dogs and chips provided.
• Blanket or chairs for the picnic
WHAT TO WEAR
• Long-sleeved shirt
• Long pants
• Closed toe work shoes
Visit the MLK Day of Service site for more details.