Everyone is invited to join us for an evening celebrating Seth Krosner and Phil Johnson for their dedication and commitment to Tifereth Israel Synagogue, the San Diego Jewish Community, and Israel. All contributions honor Seth and Phil and support the programs you’ve come to enjoy while offering us a chance to create more opportunities for engagement.
Our celebration will include delicious cocktails and a “small plates” dinner buffet, entertainment featuring some of San Diego’s finest performers, a spectacular auction including exciting travel adventures, tickets to see Paul McCartney live in concert (12th row from the stage!), and much more!
Choose your level of support to honor Seth and Phil while continuing to sustain our current offerings and create new and innovative programs. Our opportunity drawing will feature an exciting Las Vegas Get-a-Way for Two:
- $180 – One Gala ticket, 1 opportunity drawing ticket
- $360 – One Gala ticket, 5 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition
- $540 – One Gala ticket, 10 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition
- $1500 – Two Gala tickets, 20 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition, two tickets for a show in the
upcoming season of *The Roustabouts Theatre Co.*
- $3600 – Four Gala tickets, 25 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition, two tickets for a show in the upcoming season of *The Roustabouts Theatre Co., an invitation for two to a private dinner at the home of our honorees
- $5000 – Six Gala tickets, 35 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition, two season tickets for the upcoming season of *The Roustabouts Theatre Co., an invitation for two to a private dinner at the home of our honorees
- $10000 Event Sponsor – Eight Gala tickets, 50 opportunity drawing tickets, program recognition, four season tickets for the upcoming season of *The Roustabouts Theatre Co., an invitation for four to a private dinner at the home of our honorees, High Holy Day reserved seating for two accompanied by a reserved parking space
*Please note: Tickets may not be used for The Apple Tree, the fundraising musical reading for The Roustabouts Theatre Co.
- 3 days, 2 nights’ in deluxe accommodations for 2 people at any one of MGM Resorts properties in Las Vegas. Availability will be offered seven days a week subject to our occupancy levels. For your convenience, please have at least two date periods in mind in the event we are unable to accommodate your prioritized date selection. Properties include: Aria, Bellagio, Circus Circus, Excalibur, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand, The Mirage, and Vdara.
- Dinner for two (2) at any MGM Resorts International owned restaurant. (Not to exceed $250.00, does not include gratuity.)
- Two (2) complimentary tickets to any MGM Resorts International Cirque shows in Las Vegas (based on availability).
Each ticket for our the evening will receive one or more chances at our drawing. Additional tickets for “Memorable Moments in Las Vegas” may be purchased for $5 each.
Reservations are now closed
Silent and Live Auction
In addition to all the other fun throughout the evening, we’ll have a variety of items up for auction including:
- Theatre tickets
- Travel packages
- A Gourmet Cooking Class and Dinner for up to ten guests
- Spa Luncheon and Challah Baking Class
- Art Pieces
- Gift Baskets
And more to come!
After careful consideration and lengthy discussion involving Rabbi Joshua Dorsch, our Gala Committee Co-chairs, honorees Seth Krosner and Phil Johnson, and synagogue President David Ogul, we have decided unanimously to postpone this year’s gala. The new date will be Sunday, May 5th, 5:30 p.m.
Our community has lost our beloved Rabbi Emeritus Leonard Rosenthal z”l, and though we are all feeling the need to come together as a family, we believe that the 30-day mourning period is simply not the time for a celebration of this sort. Especially in light of how particularly close our gala honorees were to our late-Rabbi.
The synagogue, and Seth and Phil, are so moved and grateful for your generous support, and we will assume your commitment to Tifereth Israel’s largest fundraiser of the year will not change. If, however, you would like to alter your reservation, please contact the office at (619) 697-6001. A new deadline will be announced for additional reservations.
We all look forward to celebrating with you, May 5th.