Adult B’nai Mitzvah Class
Select Sundays or Tuesdays, 11:00 a.m.
We will be offering this eight session course on the first Sunday of each month, beginning Sunday, October 7th, and the first (in most cases) Tuesday of the month at 11:00 a.m. to give students more flexibility in their schedule. Should you miss the Sunday session, you can make it up on Tuesday, vice versa if you know you can’t make a Sunday session. In addition to the group sessions, each student will follow up with Rabbi Dorsch numerous times throughout the year, sometimes in person, sometimes over the phone. Our class will culminate in a group B’nai Mitzvah Saturday, June 8th coinciding with Shavuot.
This class is for those who are interested in exploring Bar/Bat Mitzvah as an adult, either for the first time, or to recommit them-selves to engaging as responsible members of the Jewish community.
- First session – Sunday, October 7th or Tuesday, October 9th
(second Tuesday because of Sukkot)
- Second session – Sunday, November 4th or Tuesday, November 6th
- Third session – Sunday, December 2nd or Tuesday, December 4th
- Fourth session – Sunday, January 6th or Tuesday, January 8th
(second Tuesday because of New Year’s Day)
- Fifth session – Sunday, February 3rd or Tuesday, February 5th
- Sixth session – Sunday, March 3rd or Tuesday, March 5th
- Seventh session – Sunday, April 7th or Tuesday, April 9th
- Eighth session – Sunday, May 5th or Tuesday, May 7th
The cost for this course is $118.00 and may be paid here. Please select “other” and note “Adult B’nai Mitzvah Course“, and whether you plan to primarily attend on Sundays or Tuesdays, in the comment box. RSVP to our office, by email or phone, and let them know you plan to join us.
Beginning in the fall other Adult Education opportunities will include a class for those who are studying for conversion to Judaism, taught by Rabbi Dorsch, as well as a course entitled When Do We Eat?, taught by Rabbi Dorsch and Michelle Barbour.