What We Do and How We Do it
Our Braun library is open to each and every member of the Tifereth Israel community, thanks to the efforts of its volunteers and the generous financial support of its friends.
During the school year, our volunteers read stories of Jewish content or values to the little ones in the pre-school, while Torah school students visit the library to borrow books or use the computers and audio visual center.
Thanks to Tifereth Israel’s program director, Beth Klareich, the TIS and Braun Library Movie Series shows top-notch movies each month on Sunday afternoons. If you miss movie day, you can check out the movie and watch it at home later.
We are continually acquiring new books and DVDs. This year we are making a special effort to add books for young people who are too old for picture books but not quite ready for the adult section.
The library is open to all congregants on Sunday mornings from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We do all this with money we raise ourselves. The library is self-supporting, receiving no money from the congregation’s budget. Make sure to come to our annual book sale at the member appreciation event this year, to restock your own library’s shelves while supporting a good cause. Below is a list of other ways to help the Braun library grow.
See you at the movies, at the library, at the book cart, at Tifereth Israel!
Five ways you can help our library grow
- Join the library committee.
- Contribute to the Library Fund. The library is entirely dependent on contributions to add new books and DVDs to the collection. We want to continue adding the best new literature for Jewish children as well as popular and worthy material for adults. A gift to the Library Fund is a heartfelt way to honor someone or express your sympathy. Library Fund donations are acknowledged in the Shofar, a book plate is placed in a new book noting your gift, and an appropriate letter is sent. To contribute to the Library Fund, contact the synagogue office or select the “Library Fund” from the online donation options.
- Celebrate a child or teen’s birthday with a Birthday Book Club purchase.
- Purchase a book or DVD from our Amazon Wish List.
- Let us know what you want in the library.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message with the synagogue office at (619) 697-6001.
The Library CommitteeSusan Braun Wendy Falcon Abe and Bea Goldberg Susan Hayman Barbara Jacobs Susan Keller Judy Shear Edith Standler